Employment Type:Part time
Shift:12 Hour Night ShiftDescription:
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship based care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Gathers and analyzes patient information
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises an individualized plan of care
- Uses teach back methodology to educate patient and family
- Actively seeks to prevent potential hospital acquired
- Effectively communicates patient status, priority goals and interventions during consultations, rounds and handoffs
- Follows all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals
- Graduation from accredited nursing program.
- Effective January 1, 2013 all new hires must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within five (5) years from date of hire or transfer to an RN role.
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practice and age specific needs
- Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to perform principal duties and responsibilities of job description.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care.
- Requires current Michigan Nursing License
Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) NICU Part-Time to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Health Care
- Health Administration
- Health Facilities
- Basic Life Support