Scott Engineering is looking for a skilled Welder who under close supervision, operates arc and heliarc equipment to weld metal cabinets, frames, and small parts. performs additional duties, follows all safety procedures, and assists other departments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Checks welding equipment for proper operation
• Sets up a job for welding
• Obtains and positions clamps
• Prepares welding wire for feeding
• Levels frame for welding, determines proper welding spots, types, and sizes given stress requirements
• Operates arc and heliarc welding equipment to weld cabinets and everything else that is required in a cabinet
• Uses wrenches, ratchets, grinders, and hand tools as needed
• Services and maintains welding equipment
• Cleans and maintains work area
• Works primarily with other welders
• Responsible for consistently meeting quality and production standards
• May assist sheet metal, fabrication, grinding, and assembly work crews as needed
• Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Experience: One to three years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.
- Use Welding Equipment
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Use Welding Technique
- Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding
- Welding Symbols
- Welding Procedures