The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the following: Designs and writes numerical control programs for Citizen Swiss Machines and processes that allow PAC to exceed customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. These programs control contour-path machining of metal and non-metal parts on automatic machine tools: Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities. Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths. Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part. Prepares geometric layout using CAD-CAM drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths. Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of the machine. Writes programs of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control and sends these instructions to a database to regulate movement of machine along cutting paths. Compares computer command results with original program intent to assure accuracy of machine instructions. Revises programs to eliminate instruction errors or omissions. Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove programmed instructions.
• Write, develop, validate, and debug numerical control programs and provide the supporting documentation for 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC Mills and Lathes
• Collaborate with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, and CNC machinists to meet customer/shop floor needs
• “Prove out” new programs and new CNC machines prior to turning these over to Operations
• Support the development and improvement of machining and effective programming for assigned areas
• Implement programming best practices and aspire to support common systems and platforms
• Implement, support, and provide continuous improvement of lean and agile material removal through effective programming and up to date tooling specification. Know what the machines can do
• Understand safety and ergonomic requirements
• Design tooling for new and existing process
• Create, modify, and improve tooling models, work holders and op. drawings using CAD
• Prepare manufacturing plans and routings to support component requirements
• Assist in process development for existing and developmental components
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving related problems in the manufacturing process
• Comply with all PAC policy
• Associate degree in a manufacturing technology or a combination of professional and technical training and experience
• Track record of success as an advanced level CNC Machinist
• Strong working knowledge of machine, tool, fixture, work-holding and die design
• High level of analytical skills, problem solving ability and computer literacy
• Five to ten years successful prior experience related to essential duties described above
• Specific knowledge of the following: PartMaker Swiss Programming software
• Specific knowledge of multi-axis machining, blueprint reading, GDT, setup, tooling and fixture techniques
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration and both verbal and written communication skills
• This position will require setup and operation of all types of machines, potentially on a daily basis
Precision Aerospace Corp, a division of Tribus Aerospace, is US owned and operated. We service high-tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. We utilize leading-edge technology and processes to make and deliver complex, short-run close tolerance machined parts and value-added assemblies. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part opportunities.
We desire to build a work culture that reflects our PAC Values. This needs to be a culture of Accountability, Adaptability, and Achievement. For us to thrive and grow, we need to measure ourselves and constantly seek ways to improve. We also need to stay focused on the needs of the customer.
This also means that we want to hire and develop top-quality smart, motivated, and focused talent. Some people may not be comfortable in this dynamic and demanding culture and environment.
- Quality Assurance
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
- Conduct Experiment
- Review Production Schedule