You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Food Service Worker
Job Summary: Provides indirect resident care in the facility. Meets the communication needs of the resident, family and staff. Prepares and compiles records in the facility. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and facility policies and procedures and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing the between meal nourishments and the special drinks or food items that will go on the lunch and supper trays
- Responsible for assisting in serving the meals, cold and hot beverages to the residents.
- Responsible for washing the pots and pans as assigned, using the 3-sink method
- Responsible for putting in order the residents meal tickets as assigned
- Responsible for assisting in cleaning the dining areas
- Responsible for delivering the PM and HS nourishment as assigned
- Responsible for daily sweeping and mopping designated areas
- Responsible for a daily cleaning job per the cleaning schedule.
- Responsible for preparing items for the following day as directed
- Responsible for washing dishes using the machine, as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning the dishwashing machine and tray carts as directed
- Deliver tray cart(s) as directed
- Responsible for buttering rolls or bread as directed
- Responsible for setting the dining room tables for meals
- Responsible for safe food handling
- And any other tasks or duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Makes best use of work time to complete assignments with customer-imposed time contraints
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
- Attends all mandatory annual inservices and other trainings as assigned
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to work with residents/family and physicians in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising resident care.
- Operate Cash Register
- Food Services
- Mops (Cleaning)
- Table Setting
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo1ODY4OTg
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.