You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
** $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS **
SIGN ON BONUS SUBJECT TO TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND MINIMUM HOURS WORKED
SUMMARY: The Dietary Aide is responsible for aiding all food functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, prepare & serve meals in accordance with planned menus with standardized recipes & special diet orders. Prepare & serve residents nutritional bedtime snacks as well as substitute foods for residents who refuse foods served. Also ensure food, etc., is prepared in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean & safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment & supplies are maintained. Dietary Aide must also ensure the facility’s standards on Infection Control Precautions are being followed when performing daily tasks.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures assuring that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Prepare & deliver snacks, etc., as instructed. Deliver food carts, trays to designated areas. Serve food and drinks in the dining room as instructed. Sweeping & mopping floors in the kitchen/dish room as instructed by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must maintain the care & use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition & enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet. ,
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Personal Care
- Assisted Living
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Homes
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo1Mzk4Mzc
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.