Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Job type: Permanent
We are growing and in need of a Controls Engineer who is open to 50-75% travel. This position is responsible for managing, troubleshooting and overseeing the electrical/electronic installations related to our automated systems.
- Programming in C#, HMI and PLC programs (Allen Bradley and Siemens). Includes writing and debugging of programs.
- Reading the electrical diagrams.
- Programming, installation and training of automation equipment at customer site.
- Develop physical layout of system, control panels, stations, schematics, air diagrams, and operating instructions.
- Assume engineering and project management activities including preparation of concise data design, observation and evaluation of controls and hardware based on performance and cost requirements.
- Coordinate the materials to arrive to the different teams assigned to the project installation.
- Oversee material delivery and assembly of equipment
- On-site system start-up, testing and validating equipment once assembled.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with focus on automation and/or controls. Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to read, draw and interpret electrical diagrams.
- Availability to travel extensively as needed based on scope of project.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Willowbrook, IL 60527
View all open jobs at
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying please contact us at
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Mechanical Engineering