Saber Healthcare Corporate -
**This Certified Dietary Manager Position will be for our facility located Hendersonville, NC**
We are a leader in the long-term care industry operating in 7 different states. It is our commitment to the care of our residents and our staff that sets us apart from the rest. From the development of our Scratch Kitchens to the Saber Foundation Employee Hardship program, we are committed to the care and attention of everyone we serve!
Come work for a growing company, who appreciates the value of its team members!
This is our Advantage:
- Weekly Pay!
- Great Community!
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must hold certificates required by the state in the food service industry. Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
- Previous experience in long term care preferred but not required
- Previous cooking experience preferred
- Implement and direct the dietary department as well as its programs and activities in accordance with rules, regulations and guidelines that govern dietary services in a nursing facility.
- Supervise staff in the day-to-day operation of the Food Service Department to include but not limited to; job assignments, priority setting, orientation, communication of policy and procedure, coaching, monitoring work and assignments, provide in-servicing/competencies/required training, etc.
- Ensure food is appetizing, prepared as planned, and served in a timely manner. All food items will be prepared to meet therapeutic & special dietary needs per MD orders.
- Ensure utensils, dishes, equipment and work areas are clean, safe, and orderly, and strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects are met.
- Ensure universal precautions of infection control, fire safety and sanitation practices and procedures, all food and supply storage rooms & preparation areas maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment
- Visit residents when assigned for the purpose of obtaining or updating food preferences.
- Functions as a cook when needed (weekends, weekdays, all shifts)
- Answers all call lights promptly.
- Oversees staff - observes and reports any incidents/accidents, physical and/or behavioral changes in a resident, grievance or complaint, allegation of abuse, neglect or misappropriation.
- Works tactfully and cooperatively with residents, families, visitors, and the entire staff throughout the organization.
- Treat all residents fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect and in compliance with resident rights.
- Maintain patient health information as required by law.
- Complete and/or attend all training and education as assigned and as otherwise required by applicable law, rule, or regulations.
- Adherence to the Company’s Code of Conduct, Business Ethics policy, HIPAA Privacy and Security policies, Safety Policies, Infection Control policies, Corporate, department and facility policies and procedures, including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- Regular attendance, unless excused under the Company’s attendance policy, and/or as required under the Family and Medical Leave Act, or as a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or as excused under other applicable law, with advance notice of absence as required by Company policy to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Shift and Wage:
- Full Time Opportunity Available
- Wage: depends on experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including medical, dental and vision
- 401K through Fidelity
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Educational and tuition opportunities
- Employee Perks Program offering discounts to major companies
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Culture of employees creating an IMPACT!
*Program details can vary amongst buildings. Please see HR for the facility-specific benefit plans.
We comply with any federal and/or state mandates related to the COVID 19 vaccine
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran and also promote a drug-free workplace.
- Restaurant Operation
- Food Services
- Long Term Care