Elcor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center -
Elcor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a 305 bed skilled nursing facility located in Horseheads New York. We are currently recruiting for a full-time physical therapist to join our therapy team.
Physical Therapist Job Responsibilities:
• Restores patient’s function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
• Provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results.
• Determines physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
• Helps patient accomplish treatment plan by administering manual exercises, giving massages, and using equipment as necessary.
• Evaluates and records patient’s progress, modifying treatment plans, and trying new treatments if required.
• Evaluates the use and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and observing patient’s progress; and recommending adjustments and modifications.
• Documents patient care services by charting in-patient and department records.
• Instructs patients in proper in-home exercises and therapies.
• Educates patients and their families about the recovery process and the challenges they will face.
Physical Therapists Qualifications/Skills:
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Pleasant bedside manner
• Motivation skills
• Time management
• Complex problem-solving skills
• Persuasion skills
• Instructing and teaching skills
• Basic computer skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of one year of physical therapy experience
Apply today by clicking the “apply” button at the top of the advertisement!
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Critical Care
- Emergency Departments