Valley View Healthcare Center -
How good is your vision? How far can you see? Can you look beyond the body's limitations, beyond the constant medical needs, and see the soul inside?
Valley View Healthcare Center Social Services Designee
This is a Full Time Day Shift Position.
WHAT WE OFFER
Beyond our competitive wages, we offer all full-time employees a variety of benefit options including:
CATCH THE SPIRIT!
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Employer Match with Flexible Spending Accounts
- NOW OFFERING DAILY PAY! WORK TODAY, GET PAID TOMORROW.
When you join the CommuniCare family, you’ll quickly catch the team spirit. Coworkers and residents become family, the workplace becomes a home, and a touch of spontaneity and fun keeps everyone smiling. Our core values promote an environment of respect, courtesy, and professional excellence where you can dedicate yourself to a career you love.
Do you have what it takes to be our Social Services Designee?
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Social Work Degree or Designation preferred.
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Previous social services experience in a long term care environment preferred.
As Social Services Designee, you will:
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with other direct caregivers to assure their participation in and support of all programs/services to benefit the residents’ psychosocial well being.
- Report all grievances and complaints and make necessary oral/written reports to the Director of Social Services.
- Serve as the resident’s advocate at all times working in harmony with all direct care giving staff to assure that the resident’s needs are being met at all times (i.e. appropriate dress and clean appearance). Be aware of any changes in a resident’s condition and report immediately to the RN Charge Nurse.
- Provide information to the Director of Social Services that would help to solve the problems of residents and better meet their needs.
- Improve the quality of services and/or activities and increase a variety of opportunities and choices for the resident.
- Work with the activity department to involve family members and guests in activities whenever possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident/family information at all times.
- Perform general social services duties.
THE COMMUNICARE COMMITMENT
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
- Behavioral Health
- Mental Health
- Medication Therapy Management
- Progress Note