Senior Engineer, Mechanical
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support Confectionary Projects throughout the United States.
The Mechanical Engineer will perform engineering and design tasks within the mechanical area of assigned food and beverage industry projects based on specific and detailed instructions as to the required tasks and results expected, instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Prepare specifications for material handling and other process equipment.
- Perform equipment technical bid evaluations, and prepare recommendations.
- Review equipment vendor documents for compliance to project specifications and industry standards.
- Develop job notes and technical scopes of work.
- Perform field walk downs to collect information required to complete work.
- Attend Client, Vendor, and Internal Team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering discipline from an accredited engineering program
- 10+ years of experience working as an engineer in the Food and Beverage Industry
- Experience with blending and mixing, silo and powder handling, weighing, material handling and conveying systems.
- Experience with snack, chocolate, and non-chocolate confectionery.
- Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, and Written)
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
Licensed Professional Engineer
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Work will be in a general office environment operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Occasionally required to work in an industrial location where noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
- Manufacturing Processes
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)
- Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing Engineering