This role will work hours 8:30am- 6:30pm.
- Prime Brokerage or Equity Finance Experience preferred. Financial experience is a must
- Oracle, Shell, Unix(commands)
- SQL, write queries, join tables, etc...
- Front Office and Middle Office exp.
The Productions Support Analyst is responsible for 1st and 2nd level support of all core Prime Brokerage systems, covering everything, including reporting. Supporting a 24 hour global business, the team operates a 24x5 'follow the sun' support model which is backed up by 3rd level escalation to the development team. The role requires constant daily interaction with the both internal users and clients. Equity Finance support will rotate on providing support on the trading desk.
100-130K per year
Job Description from the Manager:
Production support analyst in the New York Prime Production Services team, supporting our client's Equity Finance, Cash and Synthetic PB businesses and core Prime reporting platforms.
Production Services is responsible for 1st and 2nd line support of all core PB systems, spanning front-to-back booking all the way through to reporting. Supporting a 24 hour global business, the team operates a 24x5 'follow the sun' support model which is backed up by 3rd level escalation to our CTB development team. The role requires constant daily interaction with the both internal users and clients. Equity Finance support will rotate on providing support on the trading desk.
A typical work day includes:
Handling user and client queries very often requiring in depth analysis of the technical and/or business logic of our systems-direct trading desk facing
Management of incoming and outgoing feeds to clients and vendors
Batch and system management
Identification and management of problems and frequent issues with the aim of improving the supportability and stability of our platform (in conjunction with our development team)
Take ownership of incidents and drive resolution. Communicate with business and IT stakeholders
Utilize Service Now to record and track incidents and releases
Track issues and prioritize workload
Conduct releases, deployment and DR management
Core Competencies of the role include:
Key objectives critical to success:
- Issue tracking and prioritization
- Release management
- Incident management
- Capacity management
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Risk management including proactively identifying and addressing risks before they impact us
- Delivery of items in our improvement agenda (e.g. monitoring, reporting, release automation)
- DR / BCP management
- Interfacing with development teams
- Understanding / learning all aspects of the business
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and clearly with internal teams and external clients
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios from both a technical and business perspective, and deliver solutions. Be capable of working at a level where escalations on issues are needed rarely, and are only done after a detailed investigation.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines in a environment where multiple competing requirements are a part of the job
- Ensuring that queries are resolved through to completion
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for picking up new areas as the role requires
- Desire and ability to deliver improvements to the platform and service provided
- Prior experience of application support in a front office banking, or similar, environment
- Equity Finance business knowledge or demonstration of a keen desire to learn
- Must be client focused, with strong communication skills, and confidence dealing with internal and external parties
- Experience of managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong SQL knowledge (our Prime business uses Oracle and Sybase)
- Strong experience of working with UNIX based applications ability to write scripts and work on automation
- Experience with job scheduling systems (ideally Autosys)
- TIBCO middleware and Java experience would be highly beneficial
- Experience of directly delivering technical improvement (e.g. development of improved monitoring, reporting)
- Must be very detail oriented and analytical
- Business Licensing
- Training And Development
- Relationship Building
- Retirement Plans