Preferred Care at Mercer -
Preferred Care At Mercer is currently looking for Cooks to join our team of healthcare professionals.
- Preferred Care At Mercer Located In Ewing, NJ
- We understand that you want to succeed not only as a person but also as a professional.
- At Preferred Care At Mercer, we believe in providing our associates with growth opportunities through career advancement to help you reach your maximum potential.
- You can either apply here or stop by at the Facility to fill out an application for Cook
Benefits for Qualified Associates
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Competitive Pay and a nice benefit package
- Flexible work schedules
- The Cook prepares and serves food including texture modified and therapeutic diets according to the facility menu.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line with our established policies and procedures, and, as may be directed by the Food Services Director, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- The Cook assists in assuring proper receiving, storage, preparation, serving, sanitation, and cleaning procedures are followed.
- The Cook must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally and must be a team player who works well with others.
- The Cook must assist dietary aides as necessary, and, directs other employees with approval and in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
- Specialized training in food service is desirable. May be required to successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English, follow directions and complete tasks.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to read and accurately apply requirements of food tray cards.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.