Thinking of what to do next in your career? Currently working on your own, but looking for the next big thing to push your leadership skills? Consider Moderno Porcelain Works for your next chapter in your career development.
Moderno Porcelain Works specializes on the fabrication and installation of large format gauged porcelain slabs which is the newest for both residential and commercial projects. We are a fast growing company who is looking for individuals who want to grow with us. If you are the type of person who enjoys development and a fast pace environment, don't look any further- we are exactly that!
Looking for experienced tile setters or countertop installers who are smart, hard-working, and always ready for a new challenge. We focus on developing our leads to become true leaders within our company. We strive to develop them into growing into a management role within our organization.
As Lead Installer you will lead your crew to deliver the newest, coolest, and most amazing installation projects. No longer will you be carrying heavy slabs or working down on your knees with small tiles. At Moderno you will get continuous training and opportunities to develop your craftsmanship and leadership skills to create true works of art.
This is a full-time salaried position, starting at a set guaranteed base of $62,400 plus an annual bonus a year, company vehicle, paid medical benefits, paid vacation, paid company holidays, and many other benefits. We also directly hire all crew members and provide all tools and materials so that all of your compensation goes home with you. We want you to focus on developing and growing your personal skills. If you have at least 6 to 8 years of experience in the tile, stone industry, glass, or installation experience and you thrive working in a great team environment where everyone pulls together to achieve the goal, then Moderno might just be the place for you.
- At least 6-8 years demonstrated experience as a lead installer in tile floors, walls, and/or countertops.
- Excellent measuring skills, including doing mental addition of fractions to a 1/16” fraction.
- Should have 2 or more years of experience making stone caps, different stone edges by hand in a production shop.
- Epoxy with catalyzer and caulking application is also required.
- Proficient with angle grinder, polisher and clamps.
- Cutting sink cutouts and tub cutouts at job site is also an ability required.
- Demonstrated dependability – we need to be able to count on you 100%.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work with your hands and ability to carry up to 75 pounds
- Willingness to work hard and constantly learn and grow
- Has led of 2+ employees at a time- Leadership is very important to us!
- A high school diploma or GED
- Legal ability to work in the U.S.
- No prior convictions
- Ability to pass a background check
- Great attitude which aligns with our values: SURFACES
- Serving our customer with
- Accepting feedback
- Celebrating a job well done
- Empowering each other
- Striving to get better, Safely, every day!
If this describes the person you are, and you are interested in starting or continuing your career as a great porcelain countertop installer, apply by clicking on the button above. Apply now. We are hiring multiple people and moving fast.
Moderno Porcelain Works during COVID-19
We were fortunate to keep our doors open throughout all our locations. Took all proper precautions to ensure the safety of our employees and valued customers. During these difficult times, we have also been fortunate to be one of the few companies to have expanded. With the high demand in our markets, we are excited to announce we will continue to expand our teams.
- Heavy Equipment