TITLE: Software Engineer - 11817
Chicago, IL or New York, NY area
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Our client, a global financial service corporation, provides their clients with superior customer service while always striving to exceed client expectations. They believe to provide quality services to their clients, they must employ innovative individuals that embrace a team collaborative spirit to provide innovative solutions to their customers. They are currently looking for a Software Engineer. The right candidate must have outstanding communication skills.
- Develop and support applications, which may include debugging current systems or enhancements
- Take ownership of the assigned portion of the project from start to finish to ensure successful implementation; may leverage and review junior engineers’ work for routine programming tasks.
- Collaborate to understand business needs and requirements; identify gaps and ensure requirements.
- Develop detailed specs for enhancements or modules of new systems that are aligned to system requirements
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes
- Work with business representatives to understand outcomes of testing phase; identify solutions and resolve issues
- Interact with team members to ensure successful delivery, implementation, and release of enhancements
- Maintain system-wide tests to continually improve products, services, and processes
- Mentor junior-level staff
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Detailed understanding of software development methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Leadership skills and ability to grow junior employees
- Previous experience in the financial services industry
Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship currently and is not open to relocation expenses.
Software Engineer – 11817
- Application Development
- Problem Solving
- Information Technology
- Operating Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)