Solar Program -
PV SOLAR INSTALLER Qualifications
• Driver's License (Required)
• Reliable Car (Required)
• NABCEP Certification (Preferred but not required)
• Comfortable working on Roofs (Peferred)
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Electrical Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Benefits: • $22-$25 starting hourly rate with plenty of room to move up
• Monthly volume bonuses
• Prevailing wage opportunities
Full Job Description NABCEP Certified PV Installer Group Solar USA is looking for a PV Installer for our NY office.
As a Solar Installer/Technician, you will work with and lead a team to install solar panels on rooftops and contribute to exceptional finished products.
This includes measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules.
Solar, roofing and/or electrical experience is required. Attention to detail and quality is a must.
Attitude is everything. Key Job Duties:
• Installation of roof-mounted and ground mounted solar systems.
• Site survey evaluations
• Installation of solar modules to code and specifications.
• Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment.
• Identify safety hazards, proper orientation, module layout, solar access and structural integrity.
• Examine designs to determine current requirements; Identify and resolve any deficiencies in system installation or materials.
• Mapping out micros or optimizers
• Ability to bend and run conduit
• Ability to wire up roof/junction box(es)
• Maintain thorough documentation of system installation including photographs, location diagrams for arrays and equipment, as-built drawings, and existing site features. Submit all documentation in a timely manner.
• Maintain a neat and orderly job site and clean up after completion of installation.
• Set up solar monitoring and communications.
• Take all necessary photo documentation for installs and site surveys
• Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
• Trenching for ground mounted systems
• Required to have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive company vehicles after a review of DMV record.
• Other duties as assigned. Requirements of a Solar Installer/Technician:
• Comfortable working at heights and on steep pitched roofs
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and overhead
• Observe OSHA and Level Solar Safety Procedures at all times
• Thrive in a team environment • Great attention to detail
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable means of transportation
• Prior experience working on solar or roofs is required
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Schedule:
• 10 hour shift Supplemental Pay:
• Bonus pay Education:
• High school or equivalent (Preferred) Experience:
• Solar Installation: 3 years (Required)
• Electrical Experience: 1 year (Preferred) License/Certification:
• Driver's License (Required)
• NABCEP Certification (Preferred but not required) Full Time Opportunity:
• Yes COVID-19 Precaution(s):
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place