Garden Way Retirement Community -
Job Title: Server – Garden Way
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $15 - $16 an hour
At Sunshine Retirement Living we are looking for People who have Passion for serving with Excellence. Our teams strive each day to create a community where seniors can enjoy life and create connections. Our mission is simple “People, Passion and Excellence” (aren’t we clever, sneaking that into the first sentence!).
When we find team members with the heart to serve our residents, we do our best to ensure that as a company we are serving you. We invest in you with job specific training programs, career pathing, regular wage increases, and leadership who is committed to your personal success. Working in our communities isn’t just a job but a large part of where you choose to spend your time and your work does not go unnoticed.
We know your passion is people, not reading, but you’re still here so let us share a few more great reasons to join the Sunshine team! We understand the importance of your physical and mental health and creating a healthy work/life balance. That’s why our view on benefits is holistic-
• Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off- doesn’t matter if you are full or part time; getting time away from work without sacrificing your income is important in maintaining that healthy balance.
• Speaking of PTO- you work hard, and we want to help celebrate you! We do this by giving additional PTO for your birthday!
• Free Employee Assistance Program which includes counseling and comprehensive personal supports. Our EAP is not only for team members but their family as well.
• MDLive - a virtual medical program to help you quickly see a provider for treatment and prescriptions
• Our communities are proud of the top-notch culinary programs that we provide to our residents, and we can’t ask you to work all day without having a break to enjoy as well! Who else provides free shift meals created by executive chefs?
• Live in the moment but plan for the future- Sunshine has a 401K plan and we offer company matching after 1 year of service.
We can’t possibly go through all the great benefits you get by working at Sunshine Retirement Living. See all the perks and their details by going to our website. We’ll make it easy-
Now that we’ve got you hooked let’s give you an overview and see if the position is fit for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets residents (and visitors if applicable) at table before taking orders or serving.
- Politely and efficiently take meal orders and deliver them to kitchen.
- Serves beverages, cereals, soups, salads, meals, and desserts.
- Delivers meal trays to resident apartments as necessary.
- Busses and cleans dining room tables and chairs.
- Vacuums dining room after meals.
- Sets tables for next meal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Dining Room Coordinator, Executive Chef, or Management Team.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and standards.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintains food handlers permit as necessary to fulfill state regulations.
- Have a general knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling practices.
- Must meet state age-related requirements or other state related requirements (as applicable for position).
- Restaurant Operation
- Outline Of Food Preparation