Position Title: Telecom Technician III
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full time
Contact: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Telecom Technician III
Clearance Required: Must have a level 4 Public Trust or Secret Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Supporting MaaS360 Mobile Device Management
- Active Directory account management implementation and administration
- Microsoft Exchange/Office365 use and/or administration
- Microsoft Windows 10 planning and roll out in enterprise environment
- Install, connect to the network and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices and telephones
- Install and maintain computer software on users' devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus and Malware protection
- Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as required basis
- Incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related failures
- Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance, and compliance
- Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
- Perform asset inventories by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards and update inventory control systems as required.
- Ensure deliverables to internal customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- On occasion, may perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability or to meet customer SLAs.
- As ownership of problems from any administrator, follow path of escalated contacts to ensure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
- Evaluate and perform root- cause analysis on escalated issues.
- Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
- Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Building, then leading and mentoring a global team of IT, Asset, and Desk Side Specialists
- Provides occasional off- hours on-site support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
- A+, Net+ desired
- HDI Certification(s)
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience and Advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), PC and network hardware
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role. - Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, out-going and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
- Must be a US Citizen with a Level 4 Public Trust or Secret clearance
Vector Talent Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information.
- Repairing (Computer Systems)
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Optical Fiber