JOB TITLE: Data Analyst - SQL Tableau
LOCATION: New York, NY
DURATION: 6 Months
Our client, a fortune 500 multi-national technology company is recruiting for a Data Analyst - SQL Tableau
. If you meet the qualifications listed, please Apply Now! Or if you know of anyone in your network, please refer them to Ursus!
The main function of a data analyst is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database analyst/programmer is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
Assume responsibility for support ops analytics function across Statistical Analysis (performance measurement and optimization) and Advanced Analytics (Segmentation, Predictive modeling, Forecasting)
Evaluate our customer data models and develop segmentation, predictive models representing customer behavior
Understand our business drivers, assess, and scope projects, incorporate relevant levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail.
Project manage- plan projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates, influence, delegate tasks to project teams, coach team to achieve project landmarks, anticipate and communicate potential project management risks and raises to management
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive feedback.
- Strong knowledge of database management software.
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
- Review and approve the testing of programs or databases.
- Review existing databases and database management systems and direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
Good to have skills:
- 2 years exp SQL minimum
- 2 years' experience with analytics functions
- Python skills
- Customer support/customer service
- Project Management/Communication skills
- Bachelors degree required in a related field computer programming
- Data Management
- Data Quality
- Extract Transform Load (Etl)
- Data Modeling
- Data Analysis