Title: Industrial Wastewater Operator
: Birmingham, AL
: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire
The responsibility of the Industrial Waste Water Operator is the operation and maintenance of the industrial waste water treatment systems. The Industrial Waste Water Operator collects samples, performs water quality testing, and makes adjustments to water treatment systems to make water compliant for discharge into municipal sewer systems in accordance with local, state, and federal
permits and standards.
- Perform testing using lab equipment and adjust chemistry and flow rates to optimize process within specified limits.
- Calibrate pH, flow, and other instruments.
- Maintain operator logs, shift reports, and other required routine documentation.
- Troubleshoot problems and implement solutions.
- Work closely with production teams: attend meetings and communicate relevant information.
- Order and receive supplies and chemicals.
- Safe handling and transferring of supplies and chemicals.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping following 5S standards.
- Collect samples for onsite and offsite analysis.
- Perform all required repair and maintenance on components including:
- Pipe, valves, filters, and other piping components
- Various types of pumps for water, sludge, and chemicals
- Vessels including tanks, clarifiers, oil skimmers, etc.
- Separators, agitators, sludge presses, DAF, etc.
- Flow meters, level sensors, pH sensors and probes, samplers, etc.
- Willingness to work 12-hour shifts on seven out of fourteen days (Pitman shift).
- Ability to interpret basic schematics: piping, controls, electrical.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility.
- MUST be computer proficient and comfortable using Microsoft Office and computer integrated equipment.
- MUST demonstrate mechanical ability, strong math skills, English reading and writing skills and disciplined precision in recording sampling and process data.
- MUST have a current, valid Driver's License.
- MUST be able to lift and carry 30-pound bags.
- MUST be able to properly handle chemicals per MSDS sheets.
- Understanding of related state and federal regulations.
- Experience treating oily and metals wastewater from casting, metals washing, or other similar processes.
- Able to read, understand and interpret technical chemical analysis and lab test results.
- Ability to perform chemical calculations to processes (jar testing, titration, etc).
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed below.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
- Please share a few highlights why you are an ideal fit for this opening. (Brief example)
- Please list the education you've completed. What was the degree and what was the month and year you received it? (Ex: Bachelors from ABC University 01/89 & High School Diploma from ABC High School 1/85)
- Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- What pay rate are you looking for? (If your required rate exceeds the listed pay rate you may be over qualify for this position, but please share what you would be comfortable with)
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- Do you require a visa sponsorship? If you currently have sponsorship, other than a TN visa, please state the type of sponsorship and when it will expire. Please give month and year. If you are able to receive extensions to the sponsorship, please note how many additional years.
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days to 180 days
, depending on customer payment terms.
- Production Equipment Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Water Treatment
- Sewage Treatments