Title: Senior Process Engineer
: Fruitport, MI (30 minutes west of Grand Rapids, MI)
: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of Hire
Position Summary :
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Sr. Process Engineer is responsible plans, develops, and improves manufacturing processes.
Position Responsibility :
Position Requirements :
- Casting Process Development
- Work closely with management and tooling engineer to develop casting processes during tooling development. This includes running or analyzing casting simulation results.
- Work with process technicians to run casting trials and low volume prototype orders.
- Analyze all quality results (scrap and dimensional) and developing corrective actions.
- Prepares and presents periodic progress reports,and develops action plan to address identified issues.
- Reports periodically on program status to plant and management.
- Work directly with customer to optimize design.
- Communicate simulation/process results with customers and management.
- Completes special studies on as required basis.
- Supports and participates in safety and/or quality programs and projects.
GTA Questions :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, management or related field or combination of experience.
- Strong manufacturing background- automotive industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills – writing, speaking, listening and observing
- Ability to understand goals and objectives and convert them into action plans, tasks, initiatives and activities that ensure success
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to gather, interpret and analyze information, provide clear direction.
- PC-based computing experience word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, Plex.
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed below.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
- Please share a few highlights why you are an ideal fit for this opening. (Brief example)
- Please list the education you've completed. What was the degree and what was the month and year you received it? (Ex: Bachelors from ABC University 01/89 & High School Diploma from ABC High School 1/85)
- Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- What pay rate are you looking for? (Please keep in mind we cannot submit you without a pay rate)
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- Do you require a visa sponsorship? If you currently have sponsorship, other than a TN visa, please state the type of sponsorship and when it will expire. Please give month and year. If you are able to receive extensions to the sponsorship, please note how many additional years.
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days to 180 days
, depending on customer payment terms.
- Quality Assurance
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
- Conduct Experiment
- Review Production Schedule