Bay View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center -
ARE YOU EXTRAORDINARY??
Bay View is now hiring a full-time or part-time Occupational Therapy Assistant!
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Approx: 40 hours a week
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (required)
- CPR certification (preferred)
Position: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide occupational therapy services to residents in accordance with established standards of practice, Company procedures, Therapy Department procedures and productivity standards under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
• Adhere to Company procedures regarding documentation and billing of occupational therapy services.
• Demonstrate sound judgment in the implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
• Conduct screening of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment as allowed by state practice act, company policy, and under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
• Conduct timely screening of residents referred to occupational therapy to determine need for intervention/ treatment as allowed by state practice act, company policy, and under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
• Assist the Occupational Therapist in the evaluation of residents as directed.
• Assist the Occupational Therapist with the development of treatment plans as directed.
• Establish individual resident therapy schedules in cooperation with the Occupational Therapist and other team members.
• Conduct treatment according to the established treatment plan.
• Assist in the selection of occupational therapy techniques/ media, the sequence of activities, and adaptation of techniques/ media based on resident’s response to intervention in conjunction with the Occupational Therapist.
• Monitor resident’s response to intervention and discuss adaptation of treatment with the Occupational Therapist to attain goals in accordance with established plan of care and physician orders.
• Participate in resident, family/ responsible party and staff education by instructing on occupational therapy procedures, strategies, recommendations and/ or program to enhance carry over outside of therapy sessions and in preparation for discontinuation of therapy services.
• Confer formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
• Participate in discharge planning.
• Supervise Rehabilitation Aides, Occupational Therapy Aides, students and volunteers as directed and within state practice guidelines.
• Provide education to the rehabilitation department, facility staff and community as directed.
• Report to work on time and coordinate schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
• Assist with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
• Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes and meetings required or requested for position.
• Adhere to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
• Adhere to all policies of company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and resident rights.
• Maintain a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
• Ensure a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
• Report all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries and equipment to Supervisor/ appropriate personnel immediately.
• Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
• Adapt to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
• Communicate and interact professionally and effectively with residents and coworkers ensuring a cooperative environment while maintaining self-control.
• Communicate and interact professionally and respectfully with family members in attending to and meeting their requests.
• Perform all other duties as assigned and as required to effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are in the best interests of the organization.
• Must be able to constantly operate computer and other office productivity machinery (phone, printer, copier, etc.)
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to walk throughout facility and department, tolerate constant/ repetitive standing, traverse stairs, stoop, bend, squat, kneel and reach when performing daily work.
Competitive wages and benefits!!
Bay View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
1412 West 4th Street
Red Wing, Minnesota 55066
Visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Occupational Therapy Assistant
Or call us at
(651)385-4817 to inquire about joining our team
- Assisted Living
- Nursing Homes
- Licensed Practical Nurse