SightRite Inc, a mobile optical services company is looking for an Optician/Optical Technician with experience using a mobile fundus camera.
The work is located in various nursing homes in all the boroughs of NYC. The candidate must be willing to work at the different sites and have a way to get there- the ideal candidate has their own vehicle. Must be willing to travel up to an hour most of the time with the occasional site up to 1 1/2 hours away from your home base. We compensate for mileage and some of the drive time will be paid as work time.
The technician will travel to the various nursing homes to take fundus images of the eye for our Optometrists to interpret and diagnose.
The candidate must have experience with fundus images, ideally with a mobile fundus camera. The camera is a RetinaVue 700V from Hillrom (Welch Allyn)
Full time or part time hours anywhere from 3-5 days per week, no weekends required.
We’re looking for pro-active, well-rounded, responsible Opticians/Optometric Technicians to join our growing team. If you’re the right one for us, you love working in a medical environment, you are interested in eye care, you pride in providing excellent service, you have a soft spot for the elderly, think of every small detail as important, and loves to meet new people and be in different places everyday.
The salary varies depending on your experience, work history and availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take fundus images based off a patient list
- Submit the images for reading by the doctor
- inform of any issues while at the facility
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- At least High School Graduate
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Fundus photography
- Effective team player. With very good interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers.
- Must have the behavioral sensitivity, maturity, diplomacy and tact in addressing complex situations and handling irate customers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Computer literate
- Loves to interact with elderly patients.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Project Commissioning
- Retail Sales
- Selling Techniques
- Health Insurance
- Customer Satisfaction