Title: Survey Alignment Technician (Land Survey or CMM exp)
Location: Argonne National Laboratory | Lemont, IL
Duration: 1 year contract with the possibility of a Permanent Hire
Assist in installation, alignment, and maintenance of accurate physical position the APS machine components. Duties include assisting in maintenance of horizontal and vertical control networks for the APS complex, accelerator and beamline component fiducialization, alignment of the accelerator system and X-ray beamline components, calibrating survey equipment, testing and evaluation of prototypes of component support and alignment systems.
We are looking for candidates with varying levels of experience. We have openings for entry-level technicians and technicians that are more experienced. Below is a list of minimum qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements for all levels:
- Good analytical aptitude with a willingness to tackle new and challenging problems of engineering or scientific nature.
- Ability to operate surveying and optical tooling equipment is necessary.
- Attention to detail and accurate logging and reporting of measurement data are required as well as willingness to learn new alignment technology and operate state-of-the-art survey equipment.
- Basic math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Analytical aptitude, detail orientation.
- Basic PC and IT skills.
- It is preferred that an applicant has survey experience.
- Formal training in surveying, metrology, or alignment technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of surveying, metrology, and alignment technology is preferred.
TECH I - High school diploma or equivalent
TECH II - Associate’s Degree and one year of experience or equivalent
TECH III - Associate’s Degree and three years of experience or equivalent
TECH Sr - Associate’s Degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent
Willowbrook, IL 60527
View all open jobs at:
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our work force .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying please contact us at
- Valves (Piping)
- Preventive Maintenance
- Rigging (Sailing Ship)
- Repairing (Computer Systems)