Diamond Medical Laboratories -
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with nursing station log; bringing discrepancies to the attention of facility personnel.
- As a mobile phlebotomist, ensures safe transportation of themselves as well as specimens. Tracks mileage tallied as instructed by management.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification and collaborating with nursing staff.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Uses computer skills to enter details of sample acquisitions into Laboratory information system.
- Serves and protects the community by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances laboratory reputation by accepting ownership.
Phlebotomist Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Infection Control, Bedside Manner, Attention to Detail, Lab Environment, Procedural Skills, Creating a Safe environment, computer skills, careful driving skills.
- Medical Terminology
- Labeling Specimens
- Electronic Reporting
- Patient Safety
- Specimen Collection Techniques
- Labeling Policies