Kubernetes Engineer #33214
PR: 105/HR C2C
- The Containerization/Openshift Engineer will provide technical leadership for technical design, planning, implementation of Red Hat's Openshift / ROSA (Red Hat Openshift on AWS) integration, including both infrastructure and security integrations. Openshift / ROSA responsibilities include evaluation of new Kubernetes, Istio, Openshift technologies, and automation and tooling of these environments to support Developer Self-Service (DevOps) capabilities for deployment of complex, multi-tiered application environments into AWS.
- The Containerization/Openshift Engineer will provide leadership and direction for these technology areas, mentoring team members to drive organizational maturity. The Containerization/Openshift Engineer will also consult with development teams to ensure platform fit aligned to the business application requirements.
- Understanding of APIs, micro-services development, containers and supporting platform technologies also required.
- This position reports to the Director of Cloud Platforms and Solutions Engineering within the Infrastructure & Reliability organization.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 4+ years of experience in design and implementation of large enterprise Containerization environments.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience consulting & designing optimized, secure, and cost-effective container deployments.
- Kubernetes and/or RH Openshift Certifications preferred.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Cloud Container services, or Red Hat Openshift.
- Experience designing and building container platform automation.
- Solid working knowledge of K8/Openshift networking and public cloud network integrations.
- Experience implementing and leveraging the logging and monitoring solutions, such as Grafana and/or Prometheus.
- Experience in cloud native architectures and micro-services design.
- Understanding of the shared responsibility model in AWS.
- Proven record of accomplishments in major enterprise level projects
- Experience in design of complex distributed systems environments.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Provide technical leadership and design expertise for ROSA-AWS integration.
- Define standards and patterns for efficient and consistent container deployments.
- Consult with Product Development teams on efficient, pattern-based container deployments, namespace design and sizing - Define best practices and patterns for use of Service Mesh.
- Help define layout and usage patterns for Openshift Operators.
- Ensure Security-by-Design is a foundational component of every deployed workload.
- Contribute to creation, management and upkeep of Intranet FAQs, User guides and Knowledgebase, standards and build documents for ROSA-AWS integration and platform deployment patterns.
- Provide leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, and technology assistance (best practices, guidelines and design patterns for supported technologies).
- Perform cost benefit analysis to determine best system architectures.
- Aid development of ROSA Platform Usage Statistics and Reporting dashboards for account owners.
- Mentor engineering and development staff on public cloud integration design and hygiene, driving quality, consistency, resiliency, security, and supportability into designs.
- Design and maintain standard templates, reference architectures, and design patterns that aid other Platform/Cloud Engineers in development of standards-based designs.
- Electrical Engineering
- Data Acquisition
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)
- Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)