Eastern Health Group is a family of skilled nursing facilities and rehabilitation centers. We are resident-centered and quality-focused! Our workplace culture is all about uplifting people. If you are looking for a healthcare organization where you can bring your best ""you"" to work, where you can make a difference, and where you can team-up with like-minded co-workers, then we are also looking for you. Join us!
We are currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON).
While working here, you will enjoy:
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Positive work environment
- Excellent Training
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
A Director of Nursing is a registered nurse who assumes a managerial position and takes responsibility for the nursing care within a health care setting. They manage staff, have budgeting responsibilities, are involved with recruitment and carry out disciplinary action when required. As a director of nursing, you will need to ensure the facility or department is up to standard and follows relevant policies and guidelines. You may supervise budgeting and order processing for the department and oversee nursing programs. Working as a director of nursing may require you to be on call in the case an emergency situation arises.
- Directing, overseeing and evaluating all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guiding staffing procedures
- Setting objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
- Develop and enforce policies aiming for legal compliance and high quality standards
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) year of recent experience in a supervisory role in a nursing care facility
- Work directly with the Administrator and the Medical Director to ensure the highest degree of quality of care is maintained for each resident at all times.
- Organize, develop and direct the overall operations of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Diseases And Disorders
- Critical Thinking