At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Metrology technical support as Subject Matter Expert required for manufacturing related production instruments.
- Administration of AMS (Asset Management System for Smart Instrumentation) and ownership of related SOPs
- Monitor Available Data to Analyze and generate recommendations to Prevent Failures and OOT events
- Support the creation and modification of documentation to support calibration activities (Maximo Job Plans and Data Sheets, and Work Instructions)
- Manage the Optimization of Calibration Frequencies through Calibration Interval Development Worksheet execution
- Management and Implementation of Metrology Corrective Action/Preventive Action activities
- Support compliance efforts related to Quality Events, CAPA, change management and contamination investigations.
- Provide instrumentation support for Change Controls
- Partner with Stakeholders and be responsible for defining user requirements for new Instruments including supporting installation.
- Responsible for working with Manufacturing and Quality organizations providing startup, commissioning and validation support of process instruments and systems including on-the-floor troubleshooting of equipment.
- During construction of future projects responsibilities will include: Support the project group with design reviews, assistance in preparation of specifications, execution and evaluation of factory acceptance tests for manufacturing instruments, assessment of spare part requirements and assist in the generation of CAL activities.
- Candidate must be available for up to 10% percent travel which is likely to occur during future startup operations
- Ability to work extended hours or a modified work schedule as required for coverage of start-up activities for future projects and support of ongoing 24/7 operations.
- Provides technical expertise for equipment changes ensuring continued compliance of the manufacturing equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing instrumentation and metrology generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred), a related discipline, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience (or equivalent) in biopharmaceutical industry or its equivalent including experience with manufacturing instrument design.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting and organizing complex technical projects and familiarity with the GMP manufacturing operations of disposable and large-scale production facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of typical biopharmaceutical upstream and downstream processing and support equipment including but not limited to scale up and production bioreactors, filtration and ultra filtration, CIP, SIP, centrifugation, chromatography, autoclaves, and glass washers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both a team environment and an individual contributor role.
- Knowledgeable in engineering principles related to instrumentation troubleshooting.
- The candidate should have the ability to proactively troubleshoot and lead response teams to resolve issues quickly.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Metrology Engineer. Visit[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Metrology Engineerto access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Process Control
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Processes