To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8700 East 29th Street North
Wichita, KS 67226
- Angela McMullen
- Phone: 316-634-8700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Grounds and Maintenance Technician
Heartspring • Wichita, KS
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for performing general technical service, repair, and preventative maintenance on the physical campus. This position also maintains the campus grounds, lake, parking lots, and walkways.
1. Maintain grounds by weeding, edging, mowing, raking, and trimming of grass, trees, and shrubbery.
2. Maintain and repair grounds equipment in good working order.
3. Ensure grounds are free of litter and debris.
4. Maintain lake and surrounding vegetation; monitor and remove algae as needed.
5. Aerate all fescue turf as scheduled.
6. Maintain mulch in plant beds and amend as needed.
7. Maintain soils with organic compost to attain a nutrient-rich, well-drained environment to sustain healthy plant life.
8. Remove snow/ice from walkways, parking lots, and streets in a timely manner. Additional hours/overtime may be required during snow/ice events.
9. Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
1. Perform general maintenance and repairs of building interiors and exteriors.
2. Safely operate shop and hand tools as required.
3. Move and setup furniture and equipment in classrooms, bedrooms, and offices.
4. Serve on the on-call rotation for evening and weekend emergency maintenance calls.
5. Monitor and control geese population and nesting sites.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
● Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
● Regular exposure to noise, chemicals, and electrical and mechanical hazards.
● High school diploma, or equivalent.
● Valid Kansas drivers’ license and good driving record required.
● Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
● Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
● Regular lifting of up to 30 pounds.
● Regular climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
● Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations.
● Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
● Mechanical Repair Skills – job requires the ability to test, diagnose, and repair various mechanical, plumbing, and electrical problems.
● Oral Communication – this job requires the ability to effectively communicate verbally
● Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people.
● Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectively.