To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
130 Desiard Street
Monroe, LA 71201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Integrated Care Transportation Assistant
Vantage Health Plan, Inc. • Monroe, LA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Vantage Health Plan, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Vantage is currently looking for an Integrated Care Transportation Assistant to work at our downtown Monroe location from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Job Summary: The Integrated Care Transportation Assistant will assist in all areas of the Integrated Care Transportation Department to achieve the common goal of improving quality of care within the Vantage Health Plan population through non-emergency medical transportation. The candidate will need to have strong phone communication and computer skills.
Job Summary: The Integrated Care Transportation Assistant will assist in all areas of the Integrated Care Transportation Department to achieve the common goal of improving quality of care within the Vantage Health Plan population through non-emergency medical transportation. The candidate will need to have strong phone communication and computer skills.
- Handles incoming phone calls regarding transportation benefits for Vantage members
- Schedules transportation services for Vantage members
- Assists with the collection and data entry for transportation trip details
- Approves services based on set criteria where no clinical judgment is required
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of written notifications for transportation authorization decisions
- Assists with timely processing and distribution of incoming faxes, emails and phone requests for transportation
- Answer and filter department phone calls
- Arrange and schedule meetings as assigned
- Assess, collect, and transfer member information from multiple computer data systems
- Faxing, mailing, and scanning multiple documents
- Coordinate Affinity Transportation van with Vantage NEMT Transportation
- Review transportation invoices on ongoing basis to ensure accuracy
- Drive van when primary driver is out
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have at least 1 year experience in a business office setting
- Must possess valid Chauffeur’s driver’s license
- Must have clean driving record
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Previous experience dealing with insurance utilization review is preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Must possess proven abilities to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work with supervision and follow established policies and procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must possess strong phone communication and computer skills
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior
- Excellent computer skills, including intricate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook and Word
- High School Graduate
- Works under general supervision of the Integrated Care Director or designee
- Overtime may be occasionally required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.