To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9400 McKnight Road
Pittsburgh, Pa 15237
- Bill Brundage
- Phone: 412-369-9501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Engineer
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES 50-75% TRAVEL DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY
- A Pittsburgh Pa based, International manufacturing company is searching for a Senior Project Engineer.
- This Senior Project Engineer could be an ME or EE but must have solid design experience.
- Position will assume a technical role in developing and leading a variety of engineering projects including, but not limited to, the following: capital equipment specification/installation/commissioning, site and facility engineering, new process development, component/assembly/subassembly sourcing/design/improvement, and asset reliability improvement.
The role will report to the Head of Global Production and Technology and will align closely with the EHS, Corporate Purchasing, and Continuous Improvement (Management System) teams. The role will serve in a support and staff augmentation capacity to the operations and engineering leadership of the three business segments. The role entails significant project development and management as well as domestic and foreign travel (50%+). The position will be evaluated based on successful realization of a defined project portfolio.
- Serve as technical lead on engineering projects of various sizes. Ability to provide end-to-end technical and leadership contributions & support to ensure project success.
BS in an engineering discipline or natural/physical science (EE or ME desired). Graduate degree preferred. Formal training in engineering project management, lean techniques, quality improvement tools, and specific industrial enabling technologies (e.g. PLCs) highly desired. PMP or equivalent designation highly desired.
Minimum of 5 years engineering and technical project leadership with a progressive industrial, automation, or advanced technology company required. Also, deep familiarity and supplier experience in one or more of the following technology areas: a) materials and materials processing, b) advanced manufacturing technology
Knowledge and Personal Attributes
- Working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, mechatronic, hydraulic and electrical systems & components. Experience with automation and controls system highly desired
- Proficient in lean techniques and quality analysis tools such as 5D, SPC, PFMEA etc.
- AutoCad expereince
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to teach basic problem solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- Proven hands-on abilities a prerequisite. Must be comfortable as a technical/engineering individual contributor.
- engineering analysis
- Plant engineering
- Communication and presentation
- Self motivated with a high level of initiative
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Able to be critical and accept criticism
- Able to lead and facilitate cross functional teams
- Project leadership