To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
- Tia McKeen
- Phone: (503) 552-6715
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Ledger Accountant - national non-profit!
Creative Financial Staffing • Portland, OR
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why take a General Ledger Accountant position with this National nonprofit?
- Successful national non profit
- Dynamic leadership
- Professional yet casual work setting
- Opportunity to work for a highly successful mission driven organization at the national level
What the National General Ledger Accountant will do…
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Finance Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions for five entities and ensure that all invoices and expense reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
- Perform the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables for five entities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources, while maintaining a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced expanding business model.
- Respond to inquiries from the National Director of Finance, President, and chapter executives regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Assist in preparation of the financial reports such as financial statements, grant financial reporting, etc.
What the company needs in a Staff Accountant:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two to three years of financial accounting experience
- Strong GAAP/internal controls knowledge
- Experience in supporting multiple business entities simultaneously
- Highly organized and efficient in completing various projects with overlapping deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of staff
- Non-profit accounting experience
- Federal grant compliance experience
Up to $60,000
Please email your resume for immediate consideration.
Tia McKeen, Director - Staffing
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.
Always be in the know about our current positions--Join our Talent Network: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/creative-financial-staffing/join