To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elmwood Park, NJ
- Kim Cosme
- Phone: 203-352-5978
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Sales - Engineering Products (Entry Level/Recent Graduate)
Advantage Resourcing • Elmwood Park, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Entry Level - Technical Sales Representative (0-5 Year Experience)
Our client is a global leader in factory automation that designs products to increase efficiency and improve quality control. Through their direct sales approach, we identify our customers’ challenges firsthand and provide the most innovative technologies to further support their development.
They are seeking entry level Technical Sales Representatives to join their Technical Sales Development Program in June 2018.
The TECHNICAL SALES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At this organization, sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become an entry-level, direct sales professional. Sales Associates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentorship. The training program begins with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months dependent on product line. While their products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations. After successful completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be promoted to Sales Engineer, initiating the on-the-job training phase of the development program. Included in your on-the-job training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting from 4 to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and application training and develop your sales skills while you become responsible for customers in your own sales territory.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Attend product and application training at their Career Development Institute.
● Develop a thorough understanding of their products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
● Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
● Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales training and an overview of their culture of success.
● Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using their products.
● Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to their expectations and the challenges customers present you.
● Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
● Four-year college degree.
● Interest and aptitude to master their highly technical products.
● Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
● Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
● Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to their success.
● Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
● Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
● Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
● Ability to lift and carry 35~ 85 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles onto a dolly.
● Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicle may be required dependent on product line equipment size. Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
● You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
● You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
● You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
● You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
● You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
● You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.
Do not apply if:
● You are not interested in a career in sales.
● You are neither goal-oriented nor pro-active.
● You are not looking for an entry-level position.
● You are not a morning person.
● You do not like speaking to people either on the phone or in person.
● You have a negative attitude or do not go the extra mile.
Employees are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.