To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
275 North Street
Teterboro, NJ 07608
- Jonathan Parra
- Phone: 201-727-4706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Transportation Director is responsible for managing the quality and efficiency of the delivery and pick up of PRL rental equipment into and out of the warehouse center(s) while maintaining prescribed customer service levels, assuring full compliance with all legal standards (DOT) and achieving total transportation department cost that at least meet Party Rental standards. The Transportation Director supervises a team of dispatchers, supervisor, drivers, and mechanics and driver helpers while also assuring that employees in all positions are trained and developed in order to ensure that the department is meeting departmental company objectives. This is the top transportation department role hence the ability to act as a coalescing leader, administer a pro-employee atmosphere and demonstrates a strong focus on teamwork is essential.
This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Develops and maintains a productive full-time and part-time driver, helper, dispatch and management staff by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development
- Ensures trucks are effectively utilized by developing efficient delivery schedules and recommending optimal transportation modes
- Interfaces with Operations to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching and/or to balance staffing
- Recommends programs that improve the overall transportation functionality and quality of the delivery process to customers
- Develops / operates an effective transportation information reporting and management system.
- Ensures the company is in compliance with Federal and State transportation regulations.
- Identifies and analyzes transportation costs, service levels, making recommendations and instituting corrective action.
- Analyzes and recommends improvement opportunities for efficient truck load
- Develops team by ensuring proper training and certifications are completed
- Monitors budget: analyze expenditures and other financials in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for improving services
- Supports Customer Service Strategies and functions as a key member of the Party Rental Leadership team.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication between cross functional teams (Dispatch, Delivery, and Customer Service) to optimize corporate results and provide effective customer service.
- Responsible for meeting quality standards of service.
- Resolves problems concerning transportation, truck loading, systems
- Works in Partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, and other personnel in regards to timely resolution of customer issues.
- Interacts with other departments to improve processes.
- Prepares and analyzes report data, identifying root cause and recommends long-term solutions to minor and major customer and/or operational issues
- Understands and effectively communicates PRL’s Customer Service Vision to the organization and direct reports
- Communicates effectively with CSR team, Sales, Operations, Logistics, Credit, Human Resources and other PRL team members to guarantee that customer expectations are met and any problems or issues are addressed in a timely and professional manner
- Product and operational knowledge must be kept current regarding equipment
- BA or BS degree in Business, Logistics or Warehouse Management
- 8+ years of logistics experience
- 5+ years of senior management/leadership experience
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Software Systems and Transportation Management Systems.
- BA or BS degree in Logistics, Business, Operation or other related subjects
- Masters in Logistics and/or Operations Management
- 10+ years management experience supervising a team of 15 or more in a high volume delivery environment where customer focus is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation business practices and office procedures
- Action oriented with ability to manage a up to 500 employees
- Strong sense of ethics, etiquette and tact
- Ability to manage ambiguity and apply conflict resolution skills in handling conflicts and solving problems
- Self-motivated, organized and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to grasp, understand and communicate business acumen
- Ability to manage in a manner perceived as fair and balanced with direct reports
- Composure, humor, creativity, adaptability and approachability
- Understanding of hiring and staffing processes as well as demonstrated skills in coaching, counseling, training and building an effective team
- Well developed and proven written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at organizing people and activities in the most efficient manner
- Accountable and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Demonstrable and Proven strong Leadership skills
- Ability to aligning team members around organizational strategy and values
- Good to excellent computer skills including use of MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Availability to be flexible and weekend schedules due to the seasonal nature of the PRL clients
- Knowledge of budget planning, forecasting, scheduling, and execution
- Ability to travel 15-25%
Job Type: Full-time