Moore & Associates has been retained by Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, CA to conduct the following recruitment:
Six Sigma Black Belt
Huntington Memorial Hospital is a 619-bed not-for-profit hospital that is home to the largest level II trauma center in the San Gabriel Valley. In addition to being granted Magnet® status in 2011, Huntington Hospital has been ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report in two specialties, and was recently named the 5th best hospital in Los Angeles, and among the Top 10 in California.
Renowned for its programs in neurosciences, cardiovascular services and cancer care, Huntington Hospital is an active teaching hospital with graduate medical education programs in internal medicine and general surgery. Huntington Hospital has a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, treating babies with the highest acuity.
For 125 years, Huntington Hospital has been committed to serving its community with excellence, compassion, and respect. Consistent with its mission, the hospital provides millions of dollars annually in charity care, benefits for vulnerable populations, health research, education and training, and support programs that could otherwise be absent from the community. They are an active teaching hospital with graduate medical education programs in internal medicine and general surgery.
Our mission is to provide excellent health care and compassionate service to each person by bringing together outstanding physicians, caring nurses, professional staff, and advanced technologies.
To be the leader in creating community well-being through world-class health care delivered with kindness and dignity.
Respect - Integrity - Stewardship - Excellence – Collaboration
Reporting to the Director of Six Sigma Services, the Six Sigma Black Belt role is specifically designed to facilitate significant quality, process and performance improvement activities. The Six Sigma Black Belts are deployed throughout the organization to identify process defects and to implement improvement strategies. All Black Belts will use Six Sigma methodology and metrics to plan, design and accomplish key projects and business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead complex, high visibility projects across multiple functions or departments and utilizes Six Sigma methodologies to systematically drive and implement process improvements throughout the hospital
· Delivers significant operational improvement and financial benefit across all lines of business within the organization
· Aligns Lean Six Sigma initiative and project objectives to business strategy, and prioritize projects accordingly
· Manages multiple Six Sigma projects as prioritized and assigned
· Acts as change agent to instill Lean Six Sigma culture throughout the organization
· Educates, coaches and mentors team members on the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and application
· Studies new industry trends/developments and applies knowledge to future development approaches and strategies
· Develops and implements appropriate metrics including dashboards, scorecards and productivity reporting
Experience & Qualifications
· Experience with Lean, Six Sigma (DMAIC), CAP, and PDCA.
· SQL querying & warehousing experience preferred
· Healthcare experience in acute environments
· Proven track record of highly effective presentation to all levels of management
· Successful track record of sustainable projects
· ROI calculation & buy in
· Green belt development program / mentorship
· Large scale project management & implementation, preferred
· Database querying & dashboard development, preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Healthcare Management or Computer Science, preferred
· MBA related industry, preferred
· Black Belt Certification required
· PMP certification preferred
Six Sigma Methodology
Lean Six Sigma
Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)
Process Improvements (Business)