To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gaithersburg, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant (NonProfit)
HireStrategy • Gaithersburg, MD
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a reputable nonprofit in the DC/Metro area is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. This position will support the efforts of the Accounting team and report directly to the Controller.
- The Staff Accountant will prepare relevant management reports, including monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- The Staff Accountant will input vendor bills accurately into accounting software
- Ensure bills are paid on time and process payments on a weekly basis
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Prepare and send out timely invoices on a monthly basis
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions in accounting software
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Track and ensure payments are received on a timely basis and follow-up on past-due invoices
- Document standard operating procedures and controls
- Maintain schedules and reconciliations of prepaid expense and accounts payable/receivable balances
- 2 – 10 years of Accounting Experience
- Four-year college degree required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)