To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6104 Boat Rock Boulevard Southwest
Atlanta, GA 30336
- Holly Graves
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Forklift Operator – Aluminum & steel
Spectra Metal Sales, Inc • Atlanta, GA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Job
We are looking for experienced forklift drivers for our Atlanta, GA manufacturing facility. We look for bright, hard-working people who want to be a part of a first-class organization.
The primary function of this position is to safely and effectively provide a production line with raw materials and to unload finished products. The material handler is responsible for pulling and unpacking raw materials and packaging finished goods. The functions of this position are not typical with shipping and receiving job functions. This is a manufacturing environment and the raw materials are large coils of aluminum and steel that weigh anywhere from 5,000 to 13,000 lbs. each. 12 hour shifts
1 position available:
2nd Shift 4:00pm-4:00am
- Strong mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity required.
- Safe and effective machine operation, including monitoring and control of the equipment to maintain conformance to customer specifications and quality standards.
- Efficient operation of equipment to maximize yields and uptime.
- Follow standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Perform final visual quality inspection of end product.
- Inspection of equipment and work area for safe operating practices.
- Ability to follow instructions and follow a schedule.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate.
- Ability to follow all operating procedures.
- Previous manufacturing experience required.
- Previous Forklift experience required- 4 years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write legibly and keep accurate records, as well as follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing to work shift work, overtime, and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds.
- Ability to withstand heat or cold- The plant is not climate controlled.
- Ability to remain on feet for majority of work hours.