To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1647 Sauget Business Boulevard
East Saint Louis, IL 62206
- Margaret Farney
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Stellar Manufacturing • East Saint Louis, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY MANAGER
Have your communication and people skills driven your EHS success?
Are you excited about driving EHS initiatives and piloting new programs?
Ready to serve as a critical link between management and production?
Eager for a key leadership role in a growing, privately-held organization?
…If so, let’s talk about STELLAR Manufacturing!
Stellar Manufacturing Company has been forming, blending, processing, tableting, and packaging made-to-order and patented chemicals for use in a variety of applications by Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States for over 25 years. As a privately-held contract manufacturer, Stellar is uniquely equipped to accommodate customer needs and shines in its ability to work with difficult-to-handle, caustic, combustible and hazardous materials.
In furtherance of our mission to “make materials marketable” through quality driven services and timely, cost-effective production, Stellar is committed to safety as a #1 priority. Stellar is registered with the U.S. EPA and our staff is trained for compliance with applicable regulations from USEPA (including FIFRA), ILEPA, OSHA and DOT. We have also been certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) for manufacturing of tablets for portable water application. Stellar participates in the IL-EPA’s Registration of Smaller Sources air emissions program. Stellar’s on-site neutralization of chlorinating compounds is in compliance with IL-EPA’s Hazardous waste treatment and storage requirements. The waste water generated from this neutralization process is in compliance with local and state waste water requirements. To learn more about us, visit us online at www.stellarmfg.com.
Due to company growth, Stellar is now seeking a Senior Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager to take the helm as a highly-visible leader, to promote best practices for plant and employee safety, to ensure regulatory compliance, and to serve as a key resource for all stakeholders. Our ideal candidate offers “hands-on” EHS leadership experience within a chemical/specialty chemical environment coupled with strong communication skills and a desire to champion best EHS practices through employee coaching and education. This position will work closely with production and maintenance leaders as well as hourly employees spanning two (2) production shifts and four (4) maintenance shifts in both our plant and warehouse locations.
Reporting to our Director of Technical Services, and, in close collaboration with ownership, our Senior EHS Manager will:
- PROVIDE ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP: Serve as member of Stellar’s leadership team with accountability for all EHS matters. Proactively collaborate with executive team and plant management and to assess current EHS program and to identify strategic growth objectives. Partner closely with production and quality team members as well as hourly employees to identify goals, establish performance criteria, and implement EHS strategies.
- DRIVE EHS ADMINISTRATION & COMPLIANCE: Perform hazard assessment for process chemicals and machinery by examining exposure risks, making protective equipment recommendations and proactively establishing best practices for EHS compliance. Facilitate annual EHS audit process. Investigate and present findings to management regarding accidents and injuries within the plant. Initiate recommendations and provide findings to support process changes so as to proactively avoid future accidents and injuries. Act as consultant to and serve as a standing member of the company’s Safety Committee. Participate, organize and lead customer audit processes and other plant visits as requested. Collaborate with contracted occupational health care provider to manage workplace injuries and illness. Manage workers’ compensation program including cost containment efforts, claim files, medical reports and representation at hearings. Oversee detail-oriented reporting and data driven recommendations.
- MAINTAIN ACTIVE PLANT PRESENCE: Serve as key resource for staff at all levels, including management and hourly employees across two (2) production shifts and four (4) maintenance shifts in both our plant and warehouse locations. Maintain active presence on plant floor, engaging employees in implementation of best practices and providing on-the-job coaching and safety instruction. Escalate issues to management as appropriate and provide follow-up communications on related questions and outcomes.
- PROMOTE A CULTURE OF SAFETY (EDUCATION & TRAINING): Lead Safety Committee and promote safety as a corporate value. Develop ongoing training programs for plant and maintenance supervisors and hourly employees. Provide training and coordination of incident reporting, investigations, and implementations of corrective actions. Participate in new production endeavors, providing education on chemical products and materials to employees and addressing risks and safety protocol. Facilitate plant signage; produce company-wide communications.
- Minimum 7-10+ years of progressive EHS experience, ideally within the chemical or specialty chemical industry or a related manufacturing environment.
- 4-year degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Engineering strongly preferred. BS in Chemistry or related science degree with related professional experience also acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging employees in safety initiatives and programs. Prior experience leading an organization’s safety committee a plus.
- Familiarity with USEPA (including FIFRA), IL-EPA, OSHA and related regulations and compliance.
- Hazwoper and CSP certification a plus!
- Excellent software skills and proficiency in MS Office applications
Additional Skills and Abilities include:
- Must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company.
- Excellent communication skills and well-developed customer-service philosophy.
- Superior listening and probing skills.
READY TO APPLY?
Apply on-line with our search consultant at www.csiapply.com. Should you wish to make a confidential inquiry or referral, please contact Collaborative Strategies, Inc. via phone at 314.523.9426 and/or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. All inquiries and resume submissions will be held strictly confidential.