To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Allegheny, Beaver and Butler Counties, PA
- Roxanne Edwards
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Licensed and Non-Licensed Positions)
Glade Run Lutheran Services • Allegheny, Beaver and Butler Counties, PA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Behavioral Specialist Consultant is a member of the Wraparound team. Wraparound provides behavioral health treatment to children up to age 21 who have a mental health diagnosis or Autism Spectrum Disorder. The services use professional staff and natural supports to literally "wrap" services around an identified child and the child's family. Services can be provided in the child's home, community and school.
Wraparound services include:
Autism and behavioral expertise to help families in creating an individual treatment plan based on their goals and objectives. Using community resources to achieve maximum improvement in the child's function with minimal disruption to the family unit.
OR Licensed clinical psychologist
OR Licensed mental health professional, including, licensed professional counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, or licensed social worker
OR Licensed Behavior Specialist Consultant AND documented training in the filed of behavior modification.
-All licenses must be valid and meet requirements in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of State.
-All degrees and coursework must be from an accredited program and/or university or college in accordance with Policy Clarification 02-11 dates June 9, 2010 and be conferred by the university or college.
1. Graduate-Master level mental health degree in mental health field (psychology, mental health counseling or social work)* with documented training in behavior modification.
*If the degree is not one of the degrees listed above, such as education, sociology, or ministry, then at least 50% of the graduate master-level course work must be specific to the mental health field (a minimum of 12 advanced graduate master level mental health credits) AND must include a clinical mental health practicum or internship.
2. Must have audio/visual/verbal activity to provide supervision for the clients and to perform essential job functions.
3. Must have emotional stability to perform essential job functions.
4. Ability to work as a team member.
5. Ability to accept supervision.
6. Ability to adjust hours to job requirements.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
9. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record is required.
10. Must be eligible for PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse History clearance and FBI clearance.
- Crisis Intervention
- Behavior Modification Techniques
- Family and Individual Assessments
- Behavior Management
- Individual Services Treatment Model
- DHS Regulations
- Juvenile Justice System
- OMH/MA Regulations
- Child Protective Services Law
- Child Development
- Parenting Skills
- Positive Discipline
- DSM - V
- Functional Behavioral Assessment