To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
P/T Bookkeeper Needed for Non-Profit in Fairfield
Creative Financial Staffing • Fairfield, CT
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
This growing non-profit client is located in Fairfield, and they have offices in New Haven, Stamford, and have started opening locations in New York City. Their focus is to assist daycare centers in providing quality education services and programs to inner-city children. We placed their current Finance Director there last year - she's been hands-down among the most reliable, pleasant, and personable individuals we've worked with on the client and candidate side!
Our client has partnered with CFS to identify a Part-time Accounting Assistant (15-20/hr per week) to assist the Finance Director with day-to-day, operational accounting tasks so she can focus on Budgeting and Strategic Planning.
Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper:
- This individual will be responsible for end to end bookkeeping for a multi-faceted client.
- Ability to conduct all aspects of the A/P & A/R process, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, including monthly and annual payroll returns
- Prepare general ledger and quarterly reports for the management summarizing transactions across multiple categories
- Prepare some federal and state individual income tax returns under supervision of a manager
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned
Requirements for the Bookkeeper Role:
- BS in Accounting required and/or Associates in Accounting with proven success with in the accounting department
- Minimum 1-3 years experience
- Very presentable with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills required, including file and data management using windows
- Implement and maintain well-organized files, both digital and paper