To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 South University Drive
Fargo, ND 58103
- Cody Johnson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bethany Retirement Living • Fargo, ND
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cook A is responsible for working with the other Cooks in the preparation and serving of all resident regular and modified meals, staff dining room meals, catered meals, vending services and special functions in accordance with company philosophy, objectives, procedures and standards and federal, state and local regulations.
Prepares menus as posted, consulting with the Assistant Director or the Supervisor as needed.
2. Assists in preparation of foods for special functions and vending services as directed by the Director, Assistant Director or the Supervisor.
3. Maintains work areas to meet sanitation and safety standards.
4. Prepares food in correct quantities and to proper temperatures using proper food preparation techniques to conserve nutritive value and quality of foods. Wise utilization of leftovers is expected.
5. Supervises and directs Dining and Nutritional services staff in the absence of the Director, the Assistant Director or the Supervisor.
6. Works with Cook B in the preparation of posted menus.
7. Serves food on tray-line and in the dining rooms for resident meals.
8. Assists in pots and pan washing.
9. Informs Assistant Director or Supervisor of needed supplies for the work area.
10. Receives call-ins from ill staff and finds replacements in the absence of the Dining Services Supervisor.11. Reports to the Assistant Director or supervisors any concerns which occur over the weekend or when a supervisor is not on duty (equipment repairs, employee concerns, etc.)
- ~*$500 Sign on Bonus*~
- Ability to read and understand English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organization skills and time management
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prepares and cooks meals according to the menu cycles and standardized recipes
- Prepares various diets in a healthcare setting
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment
- Opportunity to obtain ServSafe certification
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required