To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wabash, IN 46992
- Gregg Kurtz
- Phone: 260.490.5627
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
Leaders Staffing • Wabash, IN
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Long term, full time, direct hire position.
This position entails providing guidance, support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the HR Department. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functions: departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development and employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTUES:
· Answers employee questions about human resources policies and procedures, and refers to specialist as needed.
· Coordinates new hire orientation, including training and new hire paperwork.
· Participates as a member in the recruitment process. Identifies, reviews and advises on tasks related to the recruitment process to meet human resource requirements.
· Conducts investigations and research into classification and criteria advancement by reviewing appraisal reports of employees.
· Establishes, organizes and maintains department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
· Conducts with and advises management of human resource issues; investigating HR related problems and making recommendations to the HR Manager.
· Maintain a firm understanding of the company guidelines, policies and mission.
· Administer job bid process and position changes of hourly employees through the process.
· Participates in review of and making suggestions for new policies, programs and procedures.
· Responsible for performance management. Ensuring all hourly annual reviews, as well as probationary reviews, are completed in a timely manner and meeting expectations.
· Responsible for tracking of near miss accidents, recordable and loss time accidents. Keeps OSHA recordkeeping and workers compensation claims completed in a timely manner. Works with WC carrier to return employees back to work.
· Updates safety boards monthly to inform of safety, wellness, welfare and health issues and/or topics.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS degree or technical degree in relevant study preferred, Associates degree in relevant study with 3-5 years of experience in the human resource field required.
· Must have excellent people skills.
· Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
· Knowledgeable and proficient on a computer, including Microsoft Office
· Possess the ability to creatively solve problems and maintain records.
· Excellent organizational skills, accurate record keeping and detail orientation is necessary.
· Ability to comply with all safety and department regulations.
· Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs.