To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- Phone: 908-315-9558
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GIS Lead Developer - Telecommute
Neotecra, Inc. • New York, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are actively hiring for GIS Lead Developer - Telecommuting at New York, NY.
If interested, please respond back with your updated word format resume. No C2C/C2H. This position is on W2 only for US Citizens/ Green Card/ EAD.
Job Title: GIS Lead Developer (Telecommuting)
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12+ Months
The Geospatial Technology and Application Office division of the company's IT Department is seeking One (1) temporary consultant to serve as an onsite GIS Lead Developer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining GIS applications and spatial data to support various business units within our clients’ operations, EAM, engineering and departments.
At the starting point, the selected candidate will be working with the Geospatial office and will be responsible for developing and maintaining GIS applications and spatial data. The successful candidate will help support the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM )- Geospatial Technologies (GT) infrastructure. The work is not limited to the geospatial office but also will work to support other company's agencies to provide products via the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). The purpose and goal of company's Geospatial Platform projects are to deliver technical solutions to address the overall location-based needs.
- Assist the Geospatial Technology and Application Development Office with system development geospatial technology related initiatives.
- Create innovative cutting-edge customer-centric GIS solutions for use by the business; This includes dynamic dashboard and scorecard and user interface design;
- Take ownership of all components of ESRI’s Enterprise technology stack from the web application layer to the Geodatabase and all the layers in the middle;
- Create maps from data sourced from various operational data sources and publish them for custom GIS web apps, mobile and custom application consumption;
- Develop FME data flows to do spatial ETL and near-real-time current and historical data;
- Develop complex geo-processing services to determine the relationships between the various GIS layers;
- Develop stream services and publish real time spatial data for GIS web applications;
- Play a very strong hands-on role in the implementation of the GIS platform in an organization that has firmly adopted Agile project management processes;
- Experience is developing applications using ESRI Roads & Highways module
- Deployment and configuration of end user applications which consume ArcGIS Services
- Work in a project team to build, deploy and test enterprise GIS applications on different environments TST, QA, PRD, DR
- Prepare environments for integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing
- Develop and maintain technical and standard documentation for program development activity in a timely and high quality manner
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years hands-on experience developing and supporting GIS applications with thorough understanding of ESRI geospatial tools and technologies
- Minimum 5+ years of well-rounded business application support & development experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ working knowledge in Railroad and/or Bus operation
- Understanding of working with integrations between GIS, Infor-EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), and other tools
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of GIS
- Experience building user friendly mapping applications
- Experience in deployment of the maps and applications to in-house servers and in the cloud
- Good handle on troubleshooting GIS related server and FME within VM environments
- Ability to modify/adapt systems, software configurations, and programs to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
- Experience in desktop / mobile computer support and troubleshooting software related problems
- 5+ years of advanced expertise with MS SQL Server / Oracle for versioned enterprise geodatabase
- Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing GIS web viewers
- Experience in administering/configuring/implementing/customizing Portal for ArcGIS
- Ability to write geoprocessing scripts with Python
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with responsive web design
- Solid understanding of Esri’s product line
If interested, please respond back with your updated word format resume or apply for this job for complete details.