To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rootstown Township, OH
- Patty Tonschock
- Phone: 800-541-8154 X 208
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Complete Personnel Logistics • Rootstown Township, OH
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, interview, and select employees to fill vacant positions
- Meet with manufacturing staff on a weekly basis about manning requirements
- Process new hires; includes pre-employment drug screens, orientation, establishing files
- Provide supervisors with competency evaluations and/or performance reviews
- Maintain, log, and file training documents
- Advise management with appropriate solutions to employee relation issues
- Respond to questions, inquiries, and complaints from employees
- Monitor employee attendance, warnings, vacation tracking, leave of absence, and FMLA programs
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits
- Maintains historical human resource records by implementing a filing and retrieval HRIS system; keep past and current records
- Ensure policies, procedures, legal requirements, and regulations affecting human resource functions are in compliance
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, maintaining records, and assisting in investigations
- Prepare monthly key metrics and HR reports
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Maintain awareness of consequences in relation to employees, customers, and the work environment if procedures are not followed
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; schedules and conducts job evaluations; monitors and scheduled individual pay actions; recommends, plans, and implement pay structure revisions
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- All other duties as deemed necessary by manager
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment with some exposure to factory environments at our facilities
- Travel as warranted
- General office equipment, including computer PC, Microsoft Office products, calculator, copier, and telephone
- When visiting factories and plants, must possess safety goggles, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes
- 4-year degree in Human Resources, Organizational/Industrial Development, or related area(s) required
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHR, SPHR certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS, employment law, FMLA, and benefits
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, policies, and rules
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by the company
- Must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime as is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and well as superior verbal and written communication skills