The Press Operator is responsible for supporting the goals of the plant in the efficient operation of a press, printing to specification, and assuring that quality is being maintained in a consistent manner.
The Press Operator will read job orders and set specifications on the machine; mount plates and printing dies; mix ink and fill dye fonts with desired inks or dyes; adjust position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area; adjust speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary; inspect for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions; clean rubber plate, cylinder, dye fonts; and lubricate press as needed.
*Training will be on 1st shift for approximately 3 - 6 months, then will work on 2nd or 3rd shift after training is completed. May be required to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift as needed based on production requirements.
The individual must be able to perform essential duties within the job description satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Hourly Rate of Pay: Range is $18 to $20 once qualified as an Operator
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year Machine Operator experience
- Knowledge of printing processes a plus
- Proven ability to understand press equipment, and operate in a safe manner
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition at all times
- Ability to read a ruler and understand measurements (able to pass a ruler test)
- Ability to distinguish colors in ink
- Aptitude to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form)
- Self-motivated with the capability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Positive attitude & team player
Move Mechanical Part
Use Hand Tool
Operate Offset Press
Operate Hydraulic Press