To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9757 Military Parkway
Dallas, TX 75227
- Beth Strong
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dedicated Operations Manager
Stevens Transport • Dallas, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, the Dedicated Account Operations Manager provides day-to-day oversight of the dedicated services for one of our largest Fortune 500 customers. This position will lead a team of 5+ report’s efforts to deliver a high level of service, maximize utilization, balance available capacity and freight demands. They are responsible for directing the planning, dispatching and management of the dedicated fleet of 140 trucks. They will work closely with sales to maintain positive working relationships with the customer, as well as, sustain proper billings and revenue share reporting. The ideal individual for this role will have strong leadership abilities. They will challenge both their team and the process to find opportunities to improve and grow the dedicated department.
Dedicated Operations Manager Role:
- Manage overall division P&L and forecasting, including profitability of future business
- Daily analyzation of current load counts, trailer pools and fleet size to ensure adequate, efficient planning and assist in developing more cost-effective equipment and personnel utilization.
- Maintain knowledge of customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools, ensure the fleets utilization goals are met and backhaul opportunities are maximized
- Create monthly reports regarding service levels for the dedicated customer as well as participate in service oriented conference calls. Serve as an internal extension of sales to increase established customer business opportunities.
- Communicate service problems, turned down freight, and new business opportunities to sales.
- Generate daily/weekly reports for senior management including: Billing, Revenue Share, Service Recaps, Load Counts, Trailer Pools and Fleet Status
- Responsible for the motivation, evaluation and discipline of all supervised employees.
Dedicated Operations Manager Profile:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics with at least 2 of those in a management capacity. Dedicated and/or National Account experience is required; Familiarity with transportation of temperature-controlled product is ideal
- Must be highly organized and communicative, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow-through
- Ability to perform in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities and occasional interruptions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel reporting functions required; some knowledge of the AS/400 operating system preferred
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound communications
ABOUT STEVENS TRANSPORT
Valued by a wide range of Fortune 500 ® companies, the specialized nature of temperature-controlled logistics places Stevens Transport among the most elite contributors to the modern supply chain. With a network of operations spanning North America, our competencies today include regional, dedicated, intermodal, tanker, and 3PL transportation services. Beyond capacity-driven operations, Stevens Transport injects an unmatched integrity into a corporate business model that reflects more than 35 years of consistent growth and success.