To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
611 South Kansas Avenue
Topeka, Kansas, KS 66603
- James Behan
- Phone: 785-217-2009
- Phone:: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
Kansas Housing Resources Corporation • Topeka, Kansas, KS
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for managing and supervising the accounting and finance department, which includes financial reporting, grant status reporting general accounting, banking and investments, cash management, loan servicing, budgeting, establishing and documenting accounting and finance policies and procedures, serving as the lead audit contact, achieving understanding and knowledge of software systems, subrecipient single audit report reviews, cost allocation plan, and overseeing or completing special projects and reports. The position also reviews and analyzes complex financial information and trends and conveys that information to management and the board of directors in a concise and understandable manner. A high level of discretion and professionalism must be exercised, especially when dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
- Supervises and manages the accounting and finance department, which performs both accounting and treasury functions.
- Oversees KHRC’s investment portfolio/reserves and serves as KHRC’s Investment Manager.
- Prepares annual financial plan (budget) for Board approval.
- Provides financial plan (budget) versus actual variance analysis.
- Reviews quarterly financial statements and performs trend analysis.
- Reviews and issues monthly grant status reports and monitors program administrative funds spend.
- Maintains KHRC cost allocation plan.
- Prepares analysis and recommendations to management.
- Prepares Board finance report for Board packet.
- Performs finance-related Board communications under the direction of the Executive Director and Deputy Director/General Counsel (e.g., presentation of financial statements, audit reports, SAS 99 designation, financial plan, special reports, audit and banking request for proposal (RFP) recommendations, etc.).
- Oversees KHRC loan servicing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable activity.
- Serves as the lead contact during KHRC audits and assists program staff with fiscal information for Federal or other compliance reviews/monitorings.
- Reviews and oversees KHRC subrecipient single audit report reviews including timely issuance of management decisions and communications with program staff and Fiscal Monitor as needed.
- Creates, implements, administers, and documents accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- Advises management on necessary internal control measures to ensure KHRC operates efficiently and effectively, develops reliable financial data, and complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Encourages integrity in the work of others, assists in fulfilling KHRC’s duty to be good stewards and publicly accountable, and performs job requirements in a professional and timely manner.
- Serves on KHRC’s Executive Committee, which includes the Executive Director, General Counsel/Deputy Director, and Director of Operations.
- Serves on KHRC’s Loans and Grants Committee.
- Performs additional assignments as requested.
- Accounting, Business or Finance degree and CPA or CGFM certification plus ten years pertinent experience.
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards, and the ability to apply and adapt established methods to varied and complex accounting issues.
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and application of data processing systems in accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting; ability to understand software systems. Preference given knowledge of and working with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) financial accounting software and Prophix budgeting software.
- Working knowledge of governmental and corporate budgeting, finance management, grants and contract management, managerial techniques, and administrative practices.
- Ability to formulate and initiate plans and procedures for the effective establishment and maintenance of strong internal controls.
- Ability to identify and implement improvement in financial processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply general concepts to specific problems of accounting, auditing, or purchasing procedures based upon cost-effective evaluations.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with various deadlines and adjustments to priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage change.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, document, and present solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to exhibit awareness of KHRC’s goals and objectives and perform duties with a loyal and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to effectively create, implement, administer, and document accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement and maintain a combination of accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and PC’s in general; proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and Dynamics GP.