For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
We are seeking full time, Special Education Teachers (LBSI) located in Lake Villa, Illinois to coordinate, oversee and provide individual and group educational instruction in order to meet the educational needs of students within the treatment program. You will also provide direction to Teacher Aides and direction for crisis intervention.
Allendale offers a Student Loan Repayment Benefit for all employees hired as a full-time licensed LBS1 Teacher. This benefit offers up to $200/month, for up to five years OR a sign on bonus of $2,500! ( $1,250 payable upon hire, $1,250 payable upon 6 months of employment with the expectation of 1 year minimum employment with the Agency.)
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related field.
- LBS1 License/Endorsement or Short Term Emergency License pursuing LBS1
- Knowledge of Special Education laws, rules and regulations
- Coordinates, oversees and provides individual and group academic instruction and intervention to students within a self-contained classroom. Provides informal and formal assessments of students. Prepares lesson plans, utilizes effective instructional strategies, and differentiates to meet the needs of all students; and develops and implements curriculum.
- Completes, manages and monitors classroom records, attendance records, behavioral reporting, and IEPs.
- Collects and utilizes data to inform instruction and monitors student progress.
- Provides classroom management through the implementation of the agency’s universal rules and treatment program.
- Attends staff in-services, agency trainings, clinical and team meetings.
- Involvement in crisis intervention; behavioral incidents requiring the use of physical restraint or use of a seclusion room.
- Provides direct supervision to paraprofessionals in the classroom.
- Supervises students during non-instructional times (i.e. lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal).
Job type: Full time
Location: Lake Villa, IL; Woodstock,IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: Education ,Teaching, Teacher, LBSI, Special Education, SPED, Therapeutic Day School, Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology, Mental Health Specialist