To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Port Orange, FL
- Michael Forster
- Phone: 321-397-1016
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Account Manager
VISIUM RESOURCES • Port Orange, FL
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following position:
Reports to: Commercial Lines Department Manager
Job Summary: The Commercial Lines Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pre-qualifies own new business according to agency standards.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment supported by transactional filing; determines if delayed or advanced billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly; uses each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, round it and market.
- Informs and educates clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusion and insurance coverage needs.
- Provides technical support to the Producer to benefit clients and to reach agency's strategic business goals.
- Prepares proposals and completes application in coordination with the Producer; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; obtains client signatures on all applications; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies through the automated diary system.
- Complies with clients' needs by producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base; follows up to generate new business by using prospect data base and automated marketing tools.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review.
- Remarkets renewals, contacts clients, creates renewal proposals and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the Producer.
- Renews policies following agency standards. Verifies each renewal's accuracy; ensures that all renewals are produced.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Maintains and updates electronic and transactional files.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary, noting changes on policy, using the automated diary system for follow up.
- Processes incoming mail requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct billed cancellations and takes appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; requests cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Producer according to agency standards.
- Processes and follows up through the automated diary system on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, obtaining adjusters or visits from agency staff; facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, keeping insurers informed and works toward settlement of all claims, uses each claim contact as an occasion to review coverages and market as needed.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage and rounds out accounts through sales to clients; leaves good documentation of all contacts.
- Refers current and prospective clients to Life/Benefits Department and to Personal Lines for solicitation of those lines of business; assists in profiling the commercial book of business for marketing purposes.
- Assists in design of or independently designs insurance plans for clients as assigned and directed by the agency management.
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
- Personal and Organizational Development:
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities;
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with other effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintains up to date technical manuals and understands how to perform technical tasks to expedite client service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College education or equivalent insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Must have General Lines (Property & Casualty) 2-20 License.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to perform 70% sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and exert negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically, as needed.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Physical efforts required include typing, repetitive small motor activity, grasping, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others quickly and accurately, stooping, reaching, standing, lifting light objects under ten pounds frequently, and climbing a ladder or step up on a stool occasionally.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 dB loss at 500 Hz, and 2000 Hz without correction.