To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
401 North 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Keith Klasic
- Phone: 215-557-8090
- Phone:: 215-963-0702
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Hospitality Guest Services Intern
Gift of Life Family House • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Gift of Life Family House, the non-profit subsidiary of the Gift of Life Donor Program, has part time (working up to 40 hours weekly) internship opportunities available during the 2018 semesters (including summer) for students enrolled in a college level Hotel and/or Hospitality Management Program.
These are excellent paid internship opportunities for college students who seek a hands-on service experience providing hotel & hospitality services to transplant recipients, families and guests.
Guest Services Interns will provide families residing at the Family House with a pleasant and comfortable stay by assisting staff and volunteers with the daily operations of the GLFH and by providing support to the families as needed throughout the duration of their stay.
As Guest Services Intern you will:
- Answer, triage and direct incoming calls
- Check-in families at the front desk
- Track potential room availability
- Perform guest orientation and house tours
- Fill open rooms by contacting guests on the waiting list
- Identify and prepare vacant rooms for incoming families
- Provide general assistance, service and support activities to all guests and staff
- Perform daily house operations tasks as requested by staff
- Assist in the coordination of food services and inventory assessment
- Assist with special events, projects and committee work
Successful interns will:
- be enrolled in a college level Hospitality Management Program
- demonstrate an ease in developing and maintaining work relationships with staff and volunteers
- display a professional demeanor and appearance; will demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- remain aware of internal and external client needs
- relate with others in a courteous, positive and responsive manner
- possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- handle sensitive and confidential situations
Successful interns would need to be available for either the 7am-3pm shift or the 3pm-10pm shift during the weekends.
Interested students should APPLY NOW by submitting your resume and cover letter indicating the semester(s) you are available to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity in our workplace.