To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, VA
- Heidi Elam
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Production Planner: Structural Steel Manufacturing
CTR Corporation • Norfolk, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PRODUCTION PLANNER: STRUCTURAL STEEL MANUFACTURING
A DIRECT-HIRE POSITIONS with Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: NEWPORT NEWS
PAY RANGE: $55K - $75K
Generous Relocation Assistance is Available.
Plan, prepare, and issue production schedules for Structural Steel, Heavy Steel manufacturing processes through fabrication, incl. welding. Create master schedule for sequence of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders. Schedule workflow for each department and manufacturing operation. Plan fabrication, paint and assembly sequence to ensure timely completion of production orders. Utilize Logistics and Warehouse software and ERP system and train end users. Utilize nesting software. Read and interpret engineering drawings. Ascertain availability of parts and correct shortages. Assist with managing inventory for fabrication and assembly. Initiate Engineering Change Requests and update Bills of Material. Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- B.S. degree and 4 years of related work experience
- Must have strong Heavy Steel Fabrication experience. Manufacturing Engineer/Planner background
- Will also consider a Manufacturing Engineer with supply chain concentration, heavy steel/welding, and SAP background
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of weld symbols and bevels.
- Nesting software required
- AutoCAD experience or similar
- Knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems
- Knowledge of Project Management software, MS Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Math skills: percentages, circumference, and volume. Knowledge of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as planning, bill of material, shop floor monitoring, and costing.
- Experience Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Engineering Data Management (EDM), and Warehouse Management System (WMS) a plus
- AIPICS CPIM certification preferred but not required
- Up to 10% overnight travel, domestic and international
- Must be able to obtain valid driver's license and passport
- Clean background
- Ability to pass drug test